Veda Designs collects and uses information through https://vedadesigns.net and related service domains for the purposes outlined within this policy below.
Information collected includes stage persona information provided in contact enquiries, development questionnaires, purchases, or when an individual subscribes to Veda Newsletters. I require your e-mail address at a minimum, however, in some cases I also ask for additional information to help me better service you and fulfil your request. I do not collect or store any real-life information on my servers.
If you have any concerns about this policy or have questions about the information below, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO I COLLECT?
Data collected depends on the context of your interactions with Veda Designs and the types of services used if you're a client.
Data Required for New Service:
The only time real-life information is necessary is when choosing to pay online for services through PayPal or Stripe.com (for credit card processing). Even then, that information is processed remotely on the payment provider's website and is never collected or stored on VedaDesigns.net. Clients who are uncomfortable using one of these online payment processors can anonymously submit payment via Money Order or Visa Gift Card.
Credentials & Tech Data:
I collect password, username and other security related information from clients in order to assist them in website support role.
2. HOW AND WHERE DATA IS COLLECTED
Methods of processing
Veda Designs takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of Veda Designs (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from Veda Designs at any time.
Legal basis of processing
Veda Designs may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes.
Note: Under some legislations Veda Designs may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Veda Designs is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Veda Designs or by a third party.
In any case, Veda Designs will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed through various internal tools on Veda Designs and related domains, as well as from 3rd party services directly related to billing and support services used by Veda Designs.
Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by Veda Designs to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with Veda Designs using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between Veda Designs and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by Veda Designs within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
Veda Designs may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, Veda Designs may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
2. HOW DO I USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: I process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of my contract with you, compliance with my legal obligations, and/or your consent.
I use personal information collected via my Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. I process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on my legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with my legal obligations. I indicate the specific processing grounds I rely on next to each purpose listed below.
I use the information I collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with me to a third party account *(such as your Google or Facebook account), I use the information you allowed me to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process.
- To send administrative information to you. I may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to my terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. I may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the
- To post testimonials. I post testimonials on my
that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, I will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact me at
email@example.com and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request Feedback. I may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of my
- To protect my Sites. I may use your information as part of my efforts to keep my
safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications. I may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- To enforce my terms, conditions and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If I receive a subpoena or other legal request, I may need to inspect the data I hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. I may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of my promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve my Sites , products, services, marketing and your experience.
In Short: I only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
I may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: I may process your data if you have given me specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: I may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve my legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where I have entered into a contract with you, I may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of my contract.
- Legal Obligations: I may disclose your information where Veda Designs is legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: I may disclose your information where I believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of my policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which Veda Designs is involved.
More specifically, I may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. I may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for me or on my behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. I may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the
, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the
over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, I do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. I may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of my business to another company.
In Short: I only share information with the following third parties. I only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. I have categorized each party so that you may be easily understand the purpose of my data collection and processing practices. If I have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Communicate and Chat with Users
- Data Backup and Security
Dropbox Backupand Google Drive Backup
- Invoice and Billing
- Web and Mobile Analytics
6. WHAT IS my STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
In Short: Veda Designs is not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, my websites.
7. HOW LONG DO I KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When I have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, I will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then I will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. HOW DO I KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: I aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
I have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information I process. However, please also remember that I cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from my Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
9. DO I COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: I do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
I do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the
, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the
. If I learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, I will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from my records. If you become aware of any data I have collected from children under age 18, please contact me at
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. I will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If Veda Designs is relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe Veda Designs is unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of my Sites . To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on my Sites visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ .
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from my marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that I send or by contacting me using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, I will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
11. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
12. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits my users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) I disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which I shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to me using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Sites , you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Sites . To request removal of such data, please contact me using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. I will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Sites , but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from my systems.
13. DO I MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, I will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
14. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT me ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may
email me at